Our Waste Education Programme runs a FREE annual Teacher Training Day during the Spring Term. The day is perfect for any teacher, TA or school adult wanting to integrate sustainability into their school’s ethos. The training day will provide you with:
- Inspirational presentation by a teacher with experience of the challenges of teaching about sustainability in schools
- Networking opportunity with colleagues from other schools
- Practical tips on how to reduce, reuse, recycle and compost at school
- Curriculum linked literacy, science and geography activities
- Ideas for outdoor environmental activities
- Signposting to grants to fund your environmental work
The date for the Spring 2018 event will be published in the 2017 Autumn term. Sign up to our Sustainability Bulletin here to be one of the first to receive the latest news and events.
Whilst the programme does vary from year to year, you can view the programme for the last Teacher Training day here.
Feedback from a Teachers who attended the 2017 event :-
“Excellent organisation, very helpful 'facilitators' (horrible word sorry) and generally a lovely environment to learn in- an inspiring day and I am very much looking forward feeding to school and getting on with turning a vision into a reality THANK YOU”