It’s that time of year again and we have a special new Halloween puzzle for you to try.
Last year we created a special spiders web word puzzle to let you know about how many pumpkins are wasted at Halloween – really scary stuff!
Once you’ve worked this year’s puzzle scroll down for a video and facts from Hubbub about pumpkins at Halloween.
DID YOU KNOW?
- A terrifying 14.5 million pumpkins are expected to be left uneaten this Halloween, in the UK alone!
- 3 in 5 people will buy at least one pumpkin this year (35 million pumpkins!) and just under half of those are set to go to waste.
- In 2014 two thirds of people didn’t eat their pumpkin.
- Since covid, 1 in 3 say they’ve become more aware of food waste and its impact on the environment
- 1 in 4 say they’ve gained a better understanding of food and how to use leftovers.
- But just under half of people (47%) still don’t know that carving pumpkins from the supermarket are totally edible! And delicious.
Facts all taken from Hubbub’s Pumpkin Rescue project: https://www.hubbub.org.uk/eat-your-pumpkin