Get your school buzzing about waste!
The Devon Waste Education team invite you to join the new Waste Action Support Programme (WASP). Available to a small number of schools, WASP will involve the whole school community in reducing waste and recycling / composting more. WASP is fully funded by Devon County Council so FREE to participating schools.
Our experienced team will work with your school over an extended period, creating a customised timetable of support that meets your school’s needs. The programme includes:
- An initial meeting to discuss how WASP can work in your school
- A hands-on waste audit to engage pupils and staff with this important environmental issue
- Meetings with a range of school staff (e.g. Bursar, Caretaker, Kitchen Staff, SLT) to discuss the waste audit results and plan next steps
- Meetings with pupil groups (e.g. School Council, Eco Team) to generate an Action Plan
- Assemblies to inspire the whole school to take action to reduce waste
- Curriculum-linked workshops with all age groups for pupils to learn about the fascinating world of waste
- A second waste audit to support pupils to monitor the success of the project
- A whole-school celebration of successes
What are the benefits to your school?
WASP will create a shared purpose for the whole school community, inspiring pupils and staff to work together for a sustainable future. Our audits and workshops support many aspects of the national curriculum, engaging pupils in their learning using topical environmental issues. WASP is the perfect ‘Waste’ project to help you earn your next Eco-Schools award. What’s more, by improving your recycling and composting systems, you could save money by reducing the school’s waste disposal costs! See our news headline from last year's WASP schools.
Places on this programme are limited. To register your interest please complete this form: WASP Application Form
If you have any questions about the WASP project please contact Demelza Annison on 07827 932269 or email email@example.com