Reuse Gardening Project
Amanda Thompson, the Wild Tribe teacher from Holsworthy Primary School, has created a wonderful outdoor learning space for her school, by reusing items that she collected through the year which were left lying around the school, and reusing them in creative ways. She uses the Outdoor Area all year round, whatever the weather, so needed to create different spaces to accommodate the different needs of each season/lesson/class. Some of the creative designs made so far include;
- A fire pit made from leftover bricks and concrete blocks surrounded by seating made of old railway sleepers.
- Pallets made into loose play equipment.
- A car made from pallets and an old ship’s wheel.
- Compost heaps made from pallets.
- Mosaic made from milk bottle tops.