Would you like your school to become involved in a WOW (War on Waste) project?
A WOW project is ideal to help your Eco Team or School Council make lasting change to your school and the wider community environment. Your school must promise to be committed to reduce, reuse and recycle your waste over the course of an academic year – and we can help you do that!
The project will run throughout the 2023/24 academic year and will involve an initial and end waste audit, evaluation of the children’s opinions and views, child-led evidence collecting, action planning and tasks, peer group dissemination of information and recycling & composting workshops. The WOW project aims to make your whole school community waste champions!
Our experienced team will work with your school over an extended period, creating a customised timetable of support that meets your school’s needs. The programme includes:
- An initial meeting to discuss how WoW can work in your school
- A hands-on waste audit to engage pupils and staff with this important environmental issue
- Meetings with a range of school staff (e.g. Bursar, Caretaker, Kitchen Staff, SLT) and students (e.g. School Council, Eco Team) to discuss the waste audit results and plan next steps
- Peer group dissemination of information to inspire the whole school to take action to reduce waste
- A second waste audit to support pupils to monitor the success of the project
- A whole-school celebration of successes
- Sharing your WoW journey with the wider school community
What are the benefits to your school?
The WOW Project will create a shared purpose for the whole school community, inspiring pupils and staff to work together for a sustainable future. Our audits and workshops support many aspects of the national curriculum, engaging pupils in their learning using topical environmental issues. WoW is the perfect ‘Waste’ project to help you earn your next Eco-Schools award. What’s more, by improving your recycling and composting systems, you could save money by reducing the school’s waste disposal costs!
If you have any questions about the WOW project please contact Alex Mack on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her on 07944 791971.