How to Reduce Buying New Fridges
Take care of your appliances, keeping your fridge clean and well ventilated can help to make it last:
- Clean off the condenser coils and cooler fan once a year. Find out how to clean the coils here.
- Clean out the inside around twice a year, this can prevent frost, residue and dirt from building up. Find out more about cleaning your fridge here.
- Clean the rubber around the edge of the fridge door twice a year making sure to be clear of food residue or dirt.
- Set your fridge to the right temperature, this can help to avoid food waste.
- If you are looking for a new fridge, why not buy them second-hand on sites like Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree or eBay.
- Finally, if you are looking for a way to repair an old fridge, try to find a repairer in your area, have a look in the Yellow Pages or ask on Facebook.