How to Reduce Garden Waste at Home
To find more ideas on reducing, reusing and recycling in the garden, visit Recycle Devon’s in the garden page.
- Let your grass grow – Read more about the benefits to wildlife by simply being lazy and not mowing the lawn!
- Don’t rake leaves – You can actually great a wildlife habitat just by leaving leaf litter on the ground. Find out more here.
- Donate healthy trees, flowers and other plants to community gardens, parks and schools.
Here’s an extra tip – if you are looking to do some gardening why not look to borrow tools rather than buy them. Look for your local library of things or ShareShed!
How to Reduce Garden Waste at School
- Set up composting at your school! Use food waste, grass cuttings, and other organic waste to create a compost pile.
You can use the compost to create beautiful flower beds or maybe a school vegetable garden!
- Let your grass grow – If your school pays to have the grass mown, this can save money. Read more about the benefits to wildlife by not mowing the lawn!