How to Reuse Fridges
If your old fridge has started to go off, and isn’t working properly anymore here are some ways you can reuse them.
- Before anything else, try to find a repairer in your area, have a look in the Yellow Pages or ask on Facebook.
- Donate your old fridge to a non-profit organisation but make sure you contact them prior.
Avoid donating a fridge that’s in poor condition. Even if it still works, other people may not be able to get a lot of use from it.
- Re-sell your fridge online on Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree, eBay and other online sites.
- See if a re-seller might buy it from you. Many appliance stores take your old fridge when you buy a new one. Ask your store for their policies on returns.
- It is also possible to upcycle old fridges, here is a webpage with some great ideas, including turning your old fridge into a bookcase, a pond or oven a doghouse!
- You can also upcycle the fridge drawers into storage drawers, have a look at these interesting ideas on Pinterest!
If you are attempting any of the upcycling ideas you need to make sure you remove any gasses. This can be a dangerous task if not done properly, so only consider these upcycling ideas if you can get this done by a professional.