Information to help your school achieve Green Flag status
Globally there are over 52,000 Eco-Schools from 67 different countries who have committed to making their school and community more environmentally friendly.
The Eco-Schools programme consists of 7 pupil-led elements encouraging primary and secondary schools to become more environmentally aware. The programme includes encouraging community involvement and making positive environmental change.
The Eco-Schools website provides a mass of helpful free resources available for download, to work through a series of self assessments for Bronze and Silver Awards before gaining the Green Flag!
Steps to gain your Green Flag…
- Step 1: Form an Eco-Committee
- Step 2: Complete Eco-Schools free Environmental Review
- Step 3: Create an Action Plan
- Step 4: Link Eco-Schools work to your school’s curriculum
- Step 5: Inform and involve the wider school and community
- Step 6: Monitor and Evaluate your Action Plan
- Step 7: Create an Eco-Code for the school to follow
Visit the Eco-Schools website for more in depth step-to-step guidance.
How could Recycle Devon help your school achieve its Green Flag?
When it comes to thinking of ways to link some of the 10 eco-school topics to the curriculum, Recycle Devon offers workshops, school trip visits and free teaching resources supporting 3 of the Eco-School topics – which may help you achieve Green Flag status.